Thursday, February 19, 2009

You Can the Guy out of India...but You Can't Take India out of the Guy






From 90 Degrees to 9 Degrees...


I made it home last night around 5:00 p.m. The traveling was like a Twilight Zone epidode because I was going west through several time zones, and since it was always light out, it seemed like I was traveling for days and not getting anywhere. It started with a Tuesday a.m. 4-hour drive from Tiruvannamalai to Chennai...3 hour flight to Delhi...6 hour layover in Delhi airport...7 hour flight to Amsterdam...9 hour layover in the airport there...7 hour flight to Minneapolis. From the plane, I saw Iceland and Greenland. I slept really well last night, and so far the jet lag hasn't been a problem. We'll see how the next few days pan out. I spent the entire afternoon working on organizing the over 2,500 photos and videos. I'll put up a few here on the blog...on my previous posts, too. Take a look. You can see them all soon on Flickr....I'll send a link or post a slide show here when they're ready.

"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!"
~Mark Twain























No comments: