Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Step Forward

Tonight, most of us who are going on the Lutheran Partners in Global Ministry leg of the trip met in person and via phone conference with Gordy to talk about the trip. It certainly heightened my excitement, and I'm looking forward to meeting the other sojourners who were not present or were present by phone only. Kris even brought snacks! (I like her already.)
Gordy gave us a detailed itinerary - well-planned, with contact persons at each stop and with opportunities for folks to visit those children and libraries they or their congregations sponsor via LPGM.

We will be leaving for India the day after the U.S. presidential inauguration and will be in India for their Republic Day on 26 January - one of three major civic holidays in India. West meets East....and maybe West will learn something from East.


"If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children."
~Mahatma Gandhi

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! You're going to India! Have a wonderful time! I expect to eat some of the new dishes you learn to cook while you're there once I return to the U.S. I trust you will get to eat Penita's cooking while in Tiruvannamalai. I guarantee she is the best cook you've ever encountered. If you don't agree, I'll buy you a beer. (Heck, I'll buy you a beer anyway!)

Again, have a wonderful time! I'll look forward to reading future posts on your blog. (Hope you do a better job of blogging than I do.)

Baritonality said...

This will be a great trip for you. I'm glad you could go.

Mark Spitzack said...

Thanks, Allison! You're on for that beer, and yes, I will make something really fabulous to eat when I see you next.

Mark Spitzack said...

I appreciate your good wishes, Baritonality, and also I thank you for your willingness to fill my shoes. I have big feet. But not big shoes. So you'll do fine. That Hector sermon is great! So...are you sure you're unsure about the ordained ministry?